Friday, August 13, 2010

Love


It seems as though my sweet boy does his deepest thinking in the car. We were in the car on September 11, 2007 when he blurted out, "Mommy, do you know what I did last night? I telled Jesus to GET IN MY HEART!! And He did." And that was that. He just kept on looking out the window. It was so easy and sensible to him. I hope he always feels that way. It still makes me teary-eyed to think about it now.

We were also in the car the other day when he announced, "Mommy, I know what the last thing I'm going to do in my whole life is. I'm going to die and go to Heaven." I said, "Yes, son, that's right." Then he said, "Mommy, I feel worried about sister because she doesn't have Jesus in her heart. What would happen if she got dead?" I did the best I could to explain to him that God knows when we are old enough to understand that we need to choose Him. I explained that God doesn't want any one of us to be separated from Him and that He takes care of the babies and brings them home to Him if something happens to them before they have Jesus in their heart. Then he simply stated that he loved "sister."

I don't know if it was too big of a concept or not. I'm sure that I will know soon. He is just like his wonderful father when it comes to needing time to process things. I look forward to seeing what his thoughts are on this.

I love seeing this part of my son. I love that, even though his sister annoys him, he still cares very deeply about her in a way that is deeper than a simple "I love you." I love that God blessed me with the husband and children that He did, and that I have a chance to help direct them to a different path than I had growing up. I hope that my sweet babies always choose God and always feel a deep concern for those who haven't chosen Him yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love sensitive hearts! - me