Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baby steps

Today I danced around the kitchen with my Livi girl.  We like Adele. Benjamin came in and joined us very briefly.  I love to see him dance.  He is shy about it, but it makes me smile.

We had lunch with Kevin.  Benjamin called Kevin to tell him that he got a 100% on his spelling test, and then invited Kevin to lunch.  It was sweet.  I love that Olivia sticks her hand in the mouth of the lion statue in front of the restaurant and then hollers, "Daddy!  Help me!  Save me!"  

Olivia "helped" me mop.  She is actually really enjoying helping me clean as long as we're together.  I sort of like it.  She also hung out with me and chit chatted while I scrubbed the tub.  :oD

Benjamin spent the last part of the evening curled up in my bed reading on my Kindle.  I love that he is reading long chapter books now.  It's exciting to see him really get into a good book.  I can't wait to see what it is he likes.

Kevin came home from work feeling nice.  He wrote an important email and was very pleased with himself.  I am pleased with him too.  It's nice to see him shine.

Tamryn and the kids came for dinner tonight.  I made a cajun soup and biscuits.  Yum.  We played a game called Carcassonne.  It's a really fun strategy game (I only say that because I won. Otherwise I don't use strategy and fun in the same sentence.  The game was fun though!) and had a great time talking.  Dessert?  I got to watch Tam's little girl take her first steps.  That was special.  This is the kind of thing I love....dinner with friends, playing games, talking, enjoying the children. 

Kevin and I wrapped up the evening with an episode of Little House on the Prairie.  I love that show.  This one was about when Dr. Baker falls in love with a young woman named Kate, but decides that he can't marry her because he is old enough to be her father.  I didn't realize it until halfway through the show, but Kevin is a lot older than me, and I'm sure glad that he never changed his mind.  I don't know what I'd ever do without that man!

Ahhhhh....happy sigh.  Thank you, God, for this life.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It took me a minute to find your blog but I found you! :) What a fun post. It was one of those phone call type postst that sums up your life. :) It was fun. And I loved that Olivia stuck her hand in the lions mouth and called her dad to save her. How fun. I miss seeing your kids. I miss Olivia wanting to give me hugs and kisses. That is the worst thing about moving away, I don't get to watch the kids grow up anymore. No more hugs. No more going over to Mrs. Forringer's house and seeing if the kids can play.

I like the happy sigh days. Keep em coming, right! :)