Saturday, May 26, 2012

Self-confidence, check!

I was at the chiropractor's office a few months ago.  I had the children with me.  We were sitting in a little room, and I had a massaging thing on my neck.  There were two older ladies in there with us.  They were looking at Olivia and smiling. 

Then one lady asks, "So, how old are you?" 

Olivia says, "I'm free years old.  And I know I'm pretty.  You don't have to tell me." 

The lady looked at me and asked what Olivia had said.  I had never been more thankful for that "only Momma can decipher what the child says" thing.  I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled.  I wanted to crawl under the table!     
I know that she hears it often, but I never realized that she picked it up.  I certainly never realized she could verbalize that she heard it. 

Kevin has often said that he prefers to tell her that she is smart, funny, nice, loving, good at dancing, fun, a great artist, etc. etc.  He wants her to notice those inside sort of things that really make her who she is.  I didn't think that she'd pick up on that stuff yet either.  I guess I was wrong. 

Inside stuff it is.....

No comments: