Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm glad I live in America...

...because I have choices.

...because I can teach my children about Jesus or not.

...because I can vote for our leader or not. If I don't like the outcome, I get another shot every 4 years.

...because my children and I can have opinions even if they differ from those of others.

...because I can choose to teach my children to respect differences even if he disagrees. You can be loving to someone you disagree with.

...because I can choose to teach my children not to hate.

...because I can teach my children that words hurt others--even if they are well-intentioned.

...because I can freely believe that God is bigger than America. He's bigger than donkey vs. elephant. In the end, He's bigger than my choices and opinions. He's bigger than hate. He's bigger than fear. He's just bigger. He's love.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Amen. Thanks for a good reminder.