Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nice time

Yesterday evening was very nice. Kevin came home from work and asked if there was anything that I'd like him to do. We decided to have him cut back the azaleas. They were beautiful and very full this year. By full I mean, unless you've been here before, you wouldn't know there was a house behind them! So, we all spent a bit of time outside.

Olivia has really been enjoying her outside time lately. It is a lot nicer to be out with her since we have weaned her to only eating 1/4 of the wood chips out of the flowerbeds. While I can see the fiber possibilities here, wood chips look nicer around my flowers than around my baby's mouth...but, hey, that's just my opinion.

Benjamin had laid his bike on the ground and Olivia kept going over to it and sitting on the seat. Kevin decided to help her "ride" it. It was very cute. She was SO excited. If you've ever been around Olivia when she is excited, you will know that she makes this funny growling sound. That is what she was doing.
She then worked on her scooter skills...which she enjoyed very much!
Daddy took her all the way down the driveway and she would just hold her one little foot up like she's been "scootering" for years! She is too cool!

In other news from yesterday, I made a beef stew in the afternoon. Benjamin thought that he should peel the carrots. He said that I would know that he did them because they were peeled very beautifully (you can't make this stuff up!). I am sure that I wouldn't have known any other way!

It was a good day. I really enjoyed my babies.

Now, I think I am caught up on my week. Whew!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Gotta love those babies! Your babies ARE very cute,too.

Kim said...

Thank you, Connie. I sure do love those babies.