Saturday, March 28, 2009

Two Mowers are Better Than One!


I really enjoyed myself today...even though I was doing something that is most certainly not enjoyable for me.

We have really been slacking on our yardwork (cough4monthscough). So, today Kevin was going to tackle it alone even though the idea of it was overwhelming. I told him that I hated that feeling and offered to help him. He said that I didn't have to do that (he knows I loathe yard work), but I know that sometimes a big job is easier to do if you have someone else there. Kevin agreed and suggested that I run the mower while he goes along behind me with the leaf vacuum. It still took us almost 3 hours, but it looks much better today. We still have to run the weed eater/edger thing against the wall, but it's almost there.

There was just something nice about being able to be a help to Kevin. He often seems like he can do everything by himself. He later said that there is no way he could have finished it today without me. That made my heart happy. I guess I can be a helpmate even in the yard. xo Kevin!

In the end it was all worth it. Now the yard looks like this:

1 comment:

tedforringer said...

ha ha! I'm your neighbor and it DOES NOT look like that! My yard does. :P