Friday, May 22, 2009

The effects of gravity on Olivia's head

Today she landed forehead first on the concrete sidewalk. This left a mark right in the middle of her forehead. Then she did the exact same thing on the kitchen floor. This didn't help the lovely red mark any.

Then she ran into the corner of the kitchen table with the side of her head. She then decided to make her wounds symmetrical and ran into the table with the other side of her head. (Okay, so this really isn't gravity...but just roll with it.)

She gets to excited about where she is going and starts trying to run. But, well, that just isn't working out quite yet.

Needless to say, she wasn't really up to any photos of her injuries, so you will have to use your imagination.

Anyone have a crash helmet that they're not using?.....

2 comments:

Laura said...

Poor baby! Glad it wasn't on my watch!!

I am such a clutz! I feel her pain! Literally!

Ruth Anne said...

Kim, My poor Benji needs a helmet, too! He's had several head knocks, but this past Wed, he was with a babysitter in the am and fell, leaving a big red circle on his forehead. Then, as I was carrying him inside when we got home (he had fallen asleep in the car and I wanted to keep him in the mood) I twisted my ankle and fell straight forward. I ended up not really having a hold on Benji while I was falling and he landed on the back of his head on concrete. We went to ER and got CAT scan... No concussion!!! (and I don't think my ankle is sprained, though my pants have a hole in the knee!)