Saturday, May 2, 2009

There's just something nice about

having dinner in the crockpot already. The evening times are always so hectic, and making dinner is usually stressful. I have a friend who actually cooks her dinner in the morning in order to avoid the evening "rush hour." I think that I may try to do that too.

Anyway, I am making a Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken. It is so easy that I don't know why I don't make more of them. Here's how you do it:
--Make 4 balls out of foil and put them in the bottom of your crockpot. This keeps your chicken from mingling with the fat.
--Sprinkle your chicken with the seasoning of your choice. I have used Lawry's seasoning salt, Tony's cajun seasoning, and today I tucked a few sprigs of rosemary under the skin and coated the chicken with an Herb/Garlic seasoning.
--Place your chicken, breast side down, onto the foil balls.
--Turn crockpot on High and cook for 5 hours. It must be on high!

Oh, I have read that some people wrap baking potatoes in their foil and then have baked potatoes right along with dinner. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.

Well, this turned out to be a recipe post. 8-)

Happy cooking!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Is this the whole chicken we bought the other day? Does it really fit in your crockpot??

I am going to try this..yummy!!

Kim said...

Sure is. Sure does. Sure was yummy.

I cut up what was left of it and put it into a gumbo. Yum!

Jaime said...

I can't wait to try this! I have done chicken in the crock pot, but it just swims in the grease/broth stuff. This sounds ten times better!! Thanks!