Monday, May 4, 2009

You say Bulgarian, I say Bulgrien

How about a little pet peeve post? When I married Kevin I thought how great it would be to escape all of the "Are you related to Jimi Hendrix?" jokes. While I can see how one could think that we are related (fair skin, stick straight dishwater-colored hair, Christian lifestyle), it was still terribly annoying. But noooooooo, I inherited the name Bulgrien. I wouldn't have it any other way, but I cannot tell you how hard it is for people to say this one. We have heard: Bulgarian, Bull-grin, Ball-grin, Ball-green, Bull-grine, etc. So, say it with me now. BULL-GREEN. Yup, like the male cow and the color of grass. Yay!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think I asked Angie Cone to repeat your last name 10 times before I got it! I love to hear the kids in the neighborhood say it!!

What's really annoying is that in East Texas no one knows how to spell Hill when I say it because I say Hill not Heel!!