Sunday, June 14, 2009

Vacation Time

This week we are in Pennsylvania visiting with Kevin's brother, Michael, and his family. Benjamin chose our vacation spot this year. He had been playing a Wii game with his cousins (yay for Wii chat stuff), and wanted to play with them in real life. So, here we are!! We began our brief 23 hour trip on Thursday morning. Being the forward thinker that I am, I started packing on Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday night a very big storm blew in and the power was knocked out. I channeled my inner Caroline Ingalls and packed by candlelight. Just for the record....NOT FUN!! Add to that the fact that I am terrified of the dark and we had the makings of a horrible evening. We headed out surprisingly early...for being Bulgriens! Benjamin and Olivia did very well on the first day. Thank you, Lord! And then there was the second day.... We are having a great time. Benjamin is playing with Jonathan, Julia, and Katrina as if they were together everyday. There was no "I haven't seen you in 2 years" awkwardness. It was nice. Please pray that the children continue to enjoy each other and that they can really make up for the time they miss out on. Tomorrow we be going out to Chocolate World. That will probably be AWFUL!! I don't know how I will be able to bear being in a town that smells like chocolate! I will be brave! I am going to try to post some pictures later this evening. I don't really know how to do it on Michael's computer, so I will be waiting until he can help me. I'm off for now.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Eat chocolate for me! I am glad you had an uneventful trip! Isaac misses Ben and everyday says "Can I go to Ben's, oh I forgot, he's not home".

Have fun and remember "Just keep smiling, just keep smiling"