Monday, June 22, 2009

"Yook!"

Benjamin's teacher suggested that he keep practicing his handwriting through the summer. A couple of weeks ago (I'm behind due to vacation...and just being me) he was going camping with Kevin and a group of guys from church. So, his journal entry was about that.

A few nights before the journal entry I was telling Kevin and Benjamin that, on Saturday night of the camping trip, a man was going to be frying fish for everyone. Benjamin immediately said that he didn't like fish. Well, this was news to me! After all, he is my son and any self-respecting person from New Orleans doesn't have children that don't eat seafood! I assured him that he did like fish very much.

After he did his writing, he brought it to me. He looked very worried and said, "Mommy, I didn't write YUM." So, I read it. And this is what it said:



If you can't read his, his last line says, "I will eat fish. Yook." (yuck)

I laughed and laughed...inside, of course. I love that boy!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I do love it that he wrote yuck! It tickles me too. :)

Kim said...

Funny boy. Oh, and when he came home from camping, he informed me that he DID like fish. I felt like I was living in the Green Eggs and Ham book.

Jaime said...

That is too funny! It made me laugh. :-)

He has great handwriting! Isn't it fun to see our kids actually writing words?! :-)

Kim said...

It is!! And he tries to spell everything now. It makes for some great laughs (inside of course!).

And to think that 9 months ago he couldn't even read!